For me, this is just a throw it all in kind of meal. Fast, simple, and fills hungry bellies.
It’s a favourite of my eldest in the evening if he’s peckish.
This Egg Pizza is a five minute low carb meal. Yes, it’s fairly high in fat, but if you’re eating low carbs, then you’re fine. This comes in around 7.3 carbs for the whole thing, which is low for a fairly hefty meal and most people will eat half a portion. It really does count if you’re keeping to very low carb levels, ie around 30 a day. Also a perfect meal for diabetics doing LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat)
For everyone else, it’s a luxurious meal that you can use lower fat alternatives for fewer calories.
Egg Pizza with Ham & Tomatoes (Low Carb)
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 40 g Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 100 g Ham Shredded (I used Ham Hock for this recipe)
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 Pats of Butter
- Add the butter to your frying pan and let it gently heat up.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and give them a good whisk with a fork.
- Turn down the heat of your pan and tip the egg into the frying pan, on a low heat.
- Leave the egg to cook for a minute, then put your ham, tomatoes and cheese on the top.
- Leave the Egg Pizza to cook for a couple of minutes, until all the egg is fully done.