Potato and leek soup is so simple to make that it’s in the pot and cooking in just a few minutes in the soup maker. I rarely bother with exotic spices and herbs for basic vegetable soups and as this one has cream in it, it isn’t suitable for freezing. Leave out the cream and add water as a substitute if you plan to freeze.
Soup Maker Recipes: Cream of Potato and Leek Soup
- 500 g Potatoes Peeled and Chopped
- 200 g Leek Chopped
- 100 g Onion Chopped
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 700 ml Boiling Water Or fill soupmaker up to 1600ml mark on kettle.
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube Crumbled
- Pop all the ingredients into the kettle. Set to smooth setting.
- Simmer for 21 minutes in the kettle. If you make the soup manually, you will have to blend it after cooking.
- Serve with fresh bread and parsley.