I haven’t added a soup maker recipe to this blog for a while, so it’s long overdue.
I didn’t sauté any of the ingredients on this soup, but if you prefer that, give the onion a quick fry with some butter or rapeseed oil.
I find that olive oil reaches smoke point too quickly for me to use in my soup maker on the sauté function.
Soup Maker Recipe: Asparagus Tips with Aubergine
- 300 g Asparagus Tips chopped.
- 130 g Aubergine peeled and chopped.
- 200 g Red Potatoes peeled and chopped.
- 100 grams onion chopped.
- 2 Knorr Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- 40 g Sundried Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
- Work quickly with Aubergine as it discolours fast.
- I just added all the ingredients to my soupmaker.
- Fill the soupmaker to the maximum level with water, making sure it fills above your minimum and below your maximum level.
- Ensure the lid is on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting for your soup. If you make it in a pot, simply cook the soup and use a blender to smooth.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.