A delivery of Scotty Brand raspberries arrived and the raspberry making machine had to begin turning it’s wheel. With some sponge cake left over from another day, I decided to make a lovely little glass of fast and delicious raspberry trifle.
The raspberry cheesecake from the Scotty Brand website looks amazing, and I think I will need to try that next. Look at this…
Follow Scotty Brand on Facebook or Twitter to keep up with their newest recipes and news.
For now, my deceptively delicious raspberry trifle it is.
Scotty Brand Raspberries in a Raspberry Trifle with Double Cream
- 200 g raspberries.
- 200 g double cream. Half for whipping and half for use as pouring cream.
- 200 g left over sponge cake.
- 2 tablespoons jam
- Add washed raspberries to the bottom of the glass.
- Slice sponge down the middle and spread with whipped cream and jam.
- Cut the sponge into chunks and place on top of the raspberries.
- Pour the remaining pouring cream over the top of the dessert, to allow it to soak into the sponge and the raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.