I’m not really a cake hand though my kids and the man love their cakes. I’d rather have a bar of Dairy Milk personally, or maybe a Green & Blacks if I feel flush.
Finding simple and easy ways to give the kids a cake led me to trying a cake in a cup a while back. I couldn’t say I liked it, but the kids did and that’s all that matters.
Cake In A Cup – Flaked Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Self Raising Flour
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Butter Margarine or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Flaked Almonds
- Crack the egg and put it into the bottom of your cup.
- Add in the sugar, softened butter and flour.
- Mix it all together with a fork until it gets to the consistency you expect for cake mix.
- Fold in the flaked almonds.
- Microwave for 2 + minutes (until the centre is fully cooked - a skewer is good to test the centre)
- Top with icing and sprinkles of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Absolutely delicious. Added 1 leek, but only to use up what was in the fridge. Quantities were perfect for my…
You forgot Cornwall, where Swedes ane called Turnips and Turnips, Swedes. You should try the orange one mashed in with…
My Dad used to say that. We are Londoners but he did serve in a Scottish regiment during WWII so…