I’m not really a cake hand though my kids and the man love their cakes. I’d rather have a bar of Dairy Milk personally, or maybe a Green & Blacks if I feel flush.
Finding simple and easy ways to give the kids a cake led me to trying a cake in a cup a while back. I couldn’t say I liked it, but the kids did and that’s all that matters.
Cake In A Cup – Flaked Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Self Raising Flour
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Butter Margarine or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Flaked Almonds
- Crack the egg and put it into the bottom of your cup.
- Add in the sugar, softened butter and flour.
- Mix it all together with a fork until it gets to the consistency you expect for cake mix.
- Fold in the flaked almonds.
- Microwave for 2 + minutes (until the centre is fully cooked - a skewer is good to test the centre)
- Top with icing and sprinkles of your choice.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.