Potato and Apple are just the right blend of sweet for me, in a soup. Apple goes with just about anything I find, and is an easy fruit add for picky eaters.
Soup Maker Recipe: Potato and Apple Soup with Nigella Seeds
- 260 g Chopped Leek & Onion
- 280 g Peeled and Chopped Potato
- 130 g Peeled and Chopped Apple
- 50 g Asparagus Spears
- 30 ml Oil
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1.5 Teaspoon Nigella Seeds
- 150 ml Milk
- Add leek, onion, oil, crumbled vegetable stock cubes and garlic clove to the soupmaker and saute until the leek is soft.
- Add the potato, apple, nigella seeds, salt, and asparagus spears to the pot, and top up the pot to above the minimum and below the maximum levels with water. Keep back a pinch of Nigella Seeds for decoration
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Make sure your lid is on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting.
- Add the milk to the pot once the soup had finished cooking.