I made this in my pressure cooker, but it could easily be made in a pot. In a pot, you will have to remember to stir frequently, and add more fluid, should some boil off in the process.
The proportions are too large for a soupmaker, and I had many mouths to feed that day, so my pressure cooker had to stand in, with some of the lovely pumpkin I’d frozen from Halloween and just sitting waiting in the freezer for a new dish.
I was a little wary of how this would turn out, as it’s the first time I’d defrosted pumpkin, and it seemed a little watery, with a mushy consistency. It wouldn’t have been any use for anything other than soup.
- 500g, Pumpkin, cubed.
- 250g, Carrots, sliced.
- 175g, Leek, sliced.
- 200g, Potato, cubed.
- 2 clove, Garlic or 1 Garlic Cube
- 1 ltr(s), Water
- 400 ml, Semi Skimmed Milk
- 4 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Rapeseed Oil (optional)
- Half Red Chilli, deseeded and chopped. (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all your ingredients to the pot, mix well, and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Serve with some chopped chilli or ground peppercorns on top.