Making things ourselves, especially when it comes to protein bars is a no brainer. Otherwise, they cost a fortune in the shops and your hard earned cash can disappear pretty fast. Make these higher protein, by reducing the coconut flour and increasing the protein powder, or adding a little peanut butter.
I prefer the stronger coconut taste, and often take one of these, or some dried mango on a run with me, for energy over the 10k mark.
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/ScottishMumBlog/videos/1217978701601409/” width=”500″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]
No Cook, High Protein, High Energy Balls
- 150 g Coconut Flour.
- 150 g Myprotein Chocolate Protein Powder.
- 100 g Chopped Nuts.
- Approx 250ml Milk.
- 6, or 120g Medjool Dates stoned and crown removed.
- Extra Coconut Flour for dusting.
- Put 150g coconut flour, and 150g protein powder into a bowl. Add the chopped nuts.
- Stir the ingredients until well combined.
- Put 100ml milk into a bowl, and shred the Medjool dates into the milk. Mash down with a fork until well mixed. You might need to add a little more milk.
- Add the mushed date/milk mix to your dry ingredients and mix well. Add more milk, a tablespoon at a time, and get your hands into the bowl to pull it all together, a bit like scone batter. Add enough milk to have all the mix formed into a large ball.
- Dust your surface with coconut flour and form small balls with the large one. Roll each one in the coconut flour to give a lovely white surface.
- Pop in the freezer for an hour, then keep in the fridge until ready to eat.