This is a veritable taste bud smacking flavour. You must like the sweetness of sweet potato, and the chilli flavour that tempers it. If you just want a very sweet soup, simply leave out the chilli, or add some cream to make it even richer, but I suspect that would be too much for me.
Sweet Spud and Chilli Tomato
- 450 g Sweet Potato peeled and cubed.
- 2 x 400g Tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 200 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 2 x Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Chilli seed removed, chopped finely.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- I used zero onions, as I wanted the sweet chlli type flavour from my soup.
- Add all your ingredients to the soupmaker.
- Top up with water, to above the minimum and below the maximum levels.
- Crumble the stock cubes over the top, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Make sure your lid in on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting. I put this through my soupmaker twice. I did one cycle, then gave the soup a good stir before putting it on again. You can judge it by the results you get on your own version. I found it quite thick. I'd even be tempted to leave out one tin of chopped tomatoes in future, and add it for a second chunky setting for a more lumpy style soup, but I don't yet know if that would take my ingredients below the minimum line. I'll have to try it.