Who said pancakes need to have flour in them? Oh yes, not me!! Looking for low sugar and low carb alternatives for foods isn’t the easiest thing to do, but if you play around with different ingredients, it’s surprising what you can make.
For this, I used Quark, but you could use any old cream cheese, including mascapone, and possibly even Philadelphia. These also happen to be gluten free, which is also a boost, if that’s what you’re looking for.
I mixed this in a wee jug with a hand whisk. No fancy high tech gadgets around here for these.
Cream Cheese Pancakes - Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 110 g Cream Cheese or Quark Tesco Quark: 75 Calories, 4g Carb
- 3 Medium Eggs 180 Cals, 0g Carb
- 2 Level Teaspoons Stevia 4 Calories, 2g Carb
- Butter or Oil to Grease Pan - I used One Cal Spray. 20 Sprays: 20 Cals, 0g Carb
- Optional Teaspoon of Cinnamon or Nutmeg - (If you use this, count the carbs if you are keeping track)
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl or jug.
- Mix or whisk until well combined into a good batter.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat, then turn the heat down.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until they resemble a pancake.
- Serve with fresh berries.