I’ve struggled for a while to get a beetroot soup that I can cope with. This beetroot and orange soup seems to be my ideal soup for this vegetable.
For me, it needs the addition of the citrus to be palatable. Everyone else is different. I also left out the salt and pepper in my version, but feel free to add it to yours. I had to experiment with beetroot, as the first versions I made came out orange. I suspect it was more to do with the variety of beetroot and where it was grown than anything else.
The kids preferred a little cream mixed into theirs at the serving stage, so it’s all good for turning this into a cream of beetroot soup, quite easily.
Soup Maker: Beetroot and Orange Soup Recipe
- 600 g Cooked Beetroot Quartered
- 100 g Red Onions Chopped
- 100 g Carrots Chopped
- 1 Stock Pot Vegetable or Chicken
- 800 ml Boiled Water
- 200 g Orange Juice
- Simply add all the ingredients to the pot, apart from the orange juice.
- Select the smooth setting.
- When the soup is ready, stir in the orange juice before serving.