It’s coming up to that time again, when we all wonder what to do with the lovely insides of pumpkins that we put out for Halloween. I’d made my soup and had some lovely pictures, then managed to delete the pen drive, so this is a legally borrowed one that looks identical to how mine looked.
Enjoy your Halloween when it comes.
Remember, when using soup maker recipes, never fill your soup maker above the maximum level from the manufacturer, no matter what the recipe says. We often use different soup makers, with different maximum levels.
Soup Maker Recipe: Pumpkin Soup
- 400 g Finely Chopped Pumpkin
- 200 g Finely Chopped Onion
- 100 g Finely Chopped Carrot
- 100 g Finely Chopped Potato
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Litre Stock Chicken, Beef, Pork or Vegetable
- Cream Optional at the serving stage.
- Parsley Garnish or Herbs (Optional at the serving stage.)
- For this recipe, to get more taste, you can lightly fry the onions in a frying pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil. The onions must stay white, so they will not need to be on for long. You can miss out this step and just put the ingredients straight into the pan if you are in a hurry, but the taste will not be so rich.
- Add all the ingredients to the soup maker. Put your setting onto smooth. With your stock, fill to the maximum or 1600-1800g for all ingredients manually in a pot.
- Serve when fully blended with garnish, parsley or herbs. Optional to add a swirl of cream to the soup when it's in the plate for some creaminess.
3 thoughts on “Soup Maker Recipe: Pumpkin Soup”
I made this today with the addition of 1 tsp cumin. It was delicious!
Glad you enjoyed it. We love a bit of pumpkin soup.
Whole family enjoyed this soup.Thanks very much.