Another soup maker recipe for you, but remember, you can also make this in a pan.
Carrots make for a wonderful soup. It really does not matter what is added to the soup, there is almost always going to be an innate sweetness that the carrots lend to the recipe.
When serving this up, you can serve with a little cream on top, creme fraise, or even some natural yoghurt.
- 500g Carrots
- 150g Onion (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 Root Ginger Bulb (Up to about 3 - 4 Inches Long. Peeled and chopped.)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1l Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Rainbow Peppercorns (To garnish.)
- For this recipe, to get more taste, lightly fry the onions and ginger in a frying pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil. The onions must stay white, so they will not need to be on for long. You can miss out this step and just put the ingredients straight into the pan if you are in a hurry, but the taste will not be so rich.
- Add all the ingredients except the ground rainbow peppercorns into the soup maker and set it to smooth for 21 minutes. With stock, fill to Maximum In Soupmaker or up to 1600-1800g for all ingredients manually in a pot.
- Serve and garnish with rainbow peppercorns.