Honey glazed mushroom and onion topping is perfect for on top of soups, toast, potatoes or steaks. We’re big fans of as many vegetables we can get into the kids. A teaspoon or two of honey among 4 – 6 people isn’t going to do any harm at all in a sensible food intake.
Honey Glazed Mushroom & Onion Topping
- 2 Onions
- 500 g Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 heaped teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Peppercorns
- Put the coconut oil in a frying pan and let it melt. Coconut oil melts very quickly so it will not take long.
- Add the chopped onions and mushrooms and fry lightly until cooked. You are aiming at keeping the onions as light as possible for this dish so don't let them burn.
- At the end of cooking, add in the honey and give it a good mix with the mushrooms and the onions.
- Serve as a topping for soup, toast, baked potatoes, salads, steaks, or anything savoury that you can think of.
- Sprinkle with a little ground peppercorns for decoration.