Honey glazed mushroom and onion topping is perfect for on top of soups, toast, potatoes or steaks. We’re big fans of as many vegetables we can get into the kids. A teaspoon or two of honey among 4 – 6 people isn’t going to do any harm at all in a sensible food intake.
Honey Glazed Mushroom & Onion Topping
- 2 Onions
- 500 g Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 heaped teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Peppercorns
- Put the coconut oil in a frying pan and let it melt. Coconut oil melts very quickly so it will not take long.
- Add the chopped onions and mushrooms and fry lightly until cooked. You are aiming at keeping the onions as light as possible for this dish so don't let them burn.
- At the end of cooking, add in the honey and give it a good mix with the mushrooms and the onions.
- Serve as a topping for soup, toast, baked potatoes, salads, steaks, or anything savoury that you can think of.
- Sprinkle with a little ground peppercorns for decoration.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Absolutely delicious. Added 1 leek, but only to use up what was in the fridge. Quantities were perfect for my…
You forgot Cornwall, where Swedes ane called Turnips and Turnips, Swedes. You should try the orange one mashed in with…
My Dad used to say that. We are Londoners but he did serve in a Scottish regiment during WWII so…