A simple lemon chicken recipe for using in a toasted sandwich or panini is a lovely, light and zingy taste. The mix also qualifies under quick chicken recipes, and can be sued with rice, potatoes, nan bread or polento to mix up the meal a little.
Lemon Chicken Toasted Panini Style Sandwich
- 500 g chicken fillets / breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons caramelised onions
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 100 g lettuce
- salt to taste
- rapeseed oil to cook chicken
- I use a heavy and very large cast iron saute pan for cooking frying pan style. If you only have a small frying pan, it might be easier to cook the caramelised onions and chicken separately. Add rapeseed oil to your pan. I add the full sized pieces of chicken and cook both sides for a few minutes before taking them out of the pan and cutting them into smaller pieces.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the mango chutney, black peppercorns and caramelised onions. Allow the mix to cook slowly for five minutes, turning frequently to stop it burning.
- While the mix is cooking, squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the pan.
- Prepare the bread for the filling by buttering one side if you spreads (I have a Kenwood panini maker which gets used for lots of different things, but doesn’t need butter on the outside of the bread in the way that some sandwich makers do).
- Top the bread with sandwich filling and simply add the second slice of bread.
- Toast in the panini maker for a few minutes until ready. (you might use a sandwich maker or simply put it under the grill, but grilling will mean you need to turn it over half way through).
- Garnish and serve.
1 thought on “Simple Lemon Chicken Recipe for a Toasted Sandwich / Panini”
This looks delicious. I might have to try that.