We can make this all fresh, or all tinned, or a mixture of both. The boys wanted some fruity smoothie and I didn’t have enough of any one thing to made a dedicated smoothie, so we experimented with the left over strawberries that we had, and a tub of peaches and pears in juice from the cupboard.
Smoothies are really easy peasy and gets some fruit into our bodies.
- Just under half the blender of crushed ice.
- Strawberries – I used a 400g tub
- Tub or tins of peaches and pears – 400g, including the juice.
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Stir to mix ice and fruit
- Switch on blender and let run for a few minutes. Stir a little if the ice stops crunching up.
- Serve immediately.