For my lovely meal, six of us ate from the recipe, and I have three strapping lads to feed, as well as a man who likes a good bit of animal protein.
- 800 – 900g chicken breast / fillet.
- 6 heaped tablespoons mango chutney (I buy Premium Mango Chutney in huge jars from Costco).
- Rapeseed oil.
- 1 clove of garlic crushed or chopped, or a teaspoon of garlic from a jar.
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk (mix well in the tin before adding).
- Salad, vegetables and fruit to serve.
- Pitta bread or wraps.
- Cut chicken into pieces.
- Shallow fry the chicken in the minimum of rapeseed oil. Use a large frying pan, wok, or even a thick bottomed saucepan on low – medium heat. Turn the chicken often to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of mango chutney and the garlic.
- Stir often to make sure the chicken and mango chutney don’t burn. Turn down the heat, and let the mixture bubble away for a few minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk a little bit at a time on a low heat at the end or it will separate.
To serve, simply warm pitta bread or wraps, choose vegetables, salad or fruit, and serve in large dishes for sharing.