For my lovely meal, six of us ate from the recipe, and I have three strapping lads to feed, as well as a man who likes a good bit of animal protein.
- 800 – 900g chicken breast / fillet.
- 6 heaped tablespoons mango chutney (I buy Premium Mango Chutney in huge jars from Costco).
- Rapeseed oil.
- 1 clove of garlic crushed or chopped, or a teaspoon of garlic from a jar.
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk (mix well in the tin before adding).
- Salad, vegetables and fruit to serve.
- Pitta bread or wraps.
- Cut chicken into pieces.
- Shallow fry the chicken in the minimum of rapeseed oil. Use a large frying pan, wok, or even a thick bottomed saucepan on low – medium heat. Turn the chicken often to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of mango chutney and the garlic.
- Stir often to make sure the chicken and mango chutney don’t burn. Turn down the heat, and let the mixture bubble away for a few minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk a little bit at a time on a low heat at the end or it will separate.
To serve, simply warm pitta bread or wraps, choose vegetables, salad or fruit, and serve in large dishes for sharing.
20 thoughts on “Coco Mango Chicken Recipe”
Really Yummy recipe I would like to try this at home. Thanks for sharing this information.
Is so easy to do and very quick. I keep standbys like chutneys for chicken when I don’t have lots of time to cook.
Good butchers make the supermarket shelves look inferior don’t they?
It was a pleasant surprise to go and see all the food on offer. I can see I will be back.
The coco mango chicken looks really good. I think I would leave the coconut out and just have it with the mango chutney though.
Would be just as good I think with only mango. Do you have the smoothie recipe we talked about ready?