Have you ever wondered what to do with those leftover bits from tins of fruit?
How about this…
Author: Lesley Smith
Serves: 4 Large
- Half Tin Apples, or 200g
- 1-2 Pear Halves
- 2 Peach Halves
- 320g Puff Pastry or 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 Egg
- 8g Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- Chop your fruit into smaller pieces, after draining as much fluid from them as possible. Sprinkle a tablespoon of coconut sugar on the top, spreading all over the fruit.
- Roll your sheet out on a chopping board. I used a sheet. Slice into 4 portions.
- Take each piece and roll it until it is a square.
- Break an egg into a cup, add a tablespoon of coconut sugar and beat.
- Mix the fruit and coconut sugar, which is likely to have broken down by now, until all mixed in, then add the almond butter and mix in.
- Split your fruit into four sections. Put a quarter in the middle of each square, and then fold over, pressing at the edges to seal with your fingers.
- Take a knife and slice some breathing holes into the top of each pasty.
- Bake at 220C Oven, 220C Fan, Gas Mark 7, until brown on the top. Our ovens all vary, and for mine, it took around 20 minutes.