We all like the kind of recipes that are quick and easy to make. This one is what my kids like to make (and eat). We can all make something special for parents, a girlfriend, or just for fun for Valentines Day.
We used the Dr Oetker can of icing to decorate this (and to make it faster).
Plopped on the top are hearts from the Haribo sweets collection and they are just plopped on top of the basic sponge recipe mix below, which I simply divided into 24 individual cake cases. Some of the cakes we ice, and others we don’t.
Basic Cupcake Cake
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Flavouring
- 8 oz Butter
- 8 oz Caster Sugar
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- Cream the sugar and butter and set the oven to 160 degrees c.
- Add in the eggs and beat or mix until smooth.
- The final step is simply to fold in the flour until fully mixed through and you've added air with the folding.
- Divide into individual cake cases. You will get 12 muffin sized cakes or 24 smaller cupcakes for decorating.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a skewer tester comes out clean.
Absolutely delicious. Added 1 leek, but only to use up what was in the fridge. Quantities were perfect for my…
You forgot Cornwall, where Swedes ane called Turnips and Turnips, Swedes. You should try the orange one mashed in with…
My Dad used to say that. We are Londoners but he did serve in a Scottish regiment during WWII so…