I’ve been attempting to take part in the Tesco Blogger Challenge recently, which meant I had to try my hand at vegetable carving. In the end, I’ve had to give up as it seem that my skills really do not lie in carving vegetables. I tried mushrooms and tomatoes and although I could slice and dice with absolutely no problem at all, the more delicate work for carving seemed to escape my hands.
So, in short, I found decorative carving much harder than it looked, but the Thomas knives that Tesco sent me to practice with are absolutely fantastic. I really did think twice about showing you some of the pictures of my disasters, but hey ho, I can only get better if I keep trying.
See how much work I still have to do – to be able to do some of the fabulous carvings I’ve seen online.
To give you an idea – THIS is what I was trying to get and failed miserably with. It’s classed as “easy.”
I’ve not given up. I have a plan and am going to try again, so be prepared for another post for Thomas Kitchen Knives from Tesco, but in the meantime, Tesco have also offered a set of 5 knives, including the knife block, for one lucky reader of my blog – and I want to get that out to my readers.
In the set are:
- 1 x Knife Block
- 1 x 4.5″ Utility Knife
- 1 x 5.” Small Santoku Knife
- 1 x 6.8″ Large Santoku Knife
- 1 x 7.4″ Cook’s Knife
- 1 x 7.8″ Bread Knife
For anyone who is not sure what a Santoku Knife is, it has Japanese historical significance. It is a knife that is excellent at chopping, cutting, dicing and mincing. Blades usually range from around 5″ – 8″ and has a design that is comfortable in the hand, and allows good grip while still being able to use the full functions of the knives.
The dimples on the blade help release the food after cutting and helps with its versatility.
The closing date for the set of kitchen knives on offer is 1st of June 2014 at midnight.
Tesco are also running a sticker promotion between 3rd March – 1st June 2014 where you can save up to 70% on exclusive kitchenware products at Tesco. For every £20 you spend online OR in-store you can collect a sticker, once you’ve collected five stickers you can use these to save up to 70% off professional kitchenware items of your own. Stickers can be collected from 3rd March 2014 – 25th May 2014 and must be redeemed by 1st June 2014. Find out more.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to anyone over the age of 18. Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
- 1 Winner will receive a set of Thomas Kitchen Knives and a Knife Block from Tesco.
- The prize will be sent to you directly from Tesco.
- The Scottish Mum Blog is not responsible for your prize and cannot be held liable in any way for non delivery or non receipt.
- Winners will be notified within 3 days of giveaway end. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- The winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
- Tesco and the Scottish Mum Blog reserves the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
- Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
- You may tweet daily. Each tweet counts as a rafflecopter entry, only if you enter it into the rafflecopter widget daily.
Absolutely delicious. Added 1 leek, but only to use up what was in the fridge. Quantities were perfect for my…
You forgot Cornwall, where Swedes ane called Turnips and Turnips, Swedes. You should try the orange one mashed in with…
My Dad used to say that. We are Londoners but he did serve in a Scottish regiment during WWII so…