Three of the six of us who live here eat mushrooms regularly. To make a change, I thought some stuffed mushrooms would go down well when we had family round and not much time to prepare anything nutritious, filling, and enough for us all to eat.
Cue, the stuffed mushrooms, stuffed just with what I had in my fridge.
They were delicious.
Stuffed Mushrooms: Garlic and Cheese
- 8 Large Flat Mushrooms
- 150 g Mozarella Cheese Grated
- 250 g Cheddar Grated
- 150 g Philadelphia Cheese
- 45 g Garlic Butter
- Sprinkling OXO Shake & Flavour Italian Seasoning
- Take the mushrooms, wash them thoroughly and cut off any stalks, before placing them on a baking tray covered with a tin foil sheet. You could also take out the inside of the mushroom to make it a bigger hollow if you wish.
- Grate the cheese into a bowl, or break it into small pieces. Mix with the garlic and herbs and philidelphia.
- Put the mixture into the microwave for a minute or two if the butter and cheese is not mixing properly.
- Roll dollops of the cheese mixture together and place them on top of the washed mushrooms. Pat down the mixture gently so that it flattens into the mushroom. Sprinkle the OXO Italian Shake & Flavour over the top of the mushrooms.
- Pop in pre-heated oven at 200C for around 15 - 20 minutes.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.