Crisp and refreshing.
Fresh Limeade Recipe
- 2.5 Fresh Limes Quartered
- 0.5 Fresh Lime Slicing
- 1 l Water
- 250 ml Crushed Ice
- 250 g Sugar or equivalent sweetner (I used Stevia alternative sweetner)
- Wash the skin of the limes for the lime juice. We're adding everything to the blender, so don't worry about peeling. Cut the limes into quarters and take out any seeds.
- Put the limes, water and crushed ice into the blender. Blend for at least a couple of minutes. Taste the liquid and if it's too tart for you, add in sugar or sweetener to taste - up to 250g of sugar and equivalents of sweeteners.
- Strain the lime juice mix to get a lovely coloured lime juice.
- Optionally, use a soda charger, or a sodastream to give your lime juice a little fizz and turn it into limeade.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.