Crisp and refreshing.
Fresh Limeade Recipe
- 2.5 Fresh Limes Quartered
- 0.5 Fresh Lime Slicing
- 1 l Water
- 250 ml Crushed Ice
- 250 g Sugar or equivalent sweetner (I used Stevia alternative sweetner)
- Wash the skin of the limes for the lime juice. We're adding everything to the blender, so don't worry about peeling. Cut the limes into quarters and take out any seeds.
- Put the limes, water and crushed ice into the blender. Blend for at least a couple of minutes. Taste the liquid and if it's too tart for you, add in sugar or sweetener to taste - up to 250g of sugar and equivalents of sweeteners.
- Strain the lime juice mix to get a lovely coloured lime juice.
- Optionally, use a soda charger, or a sodastream to give your lime juice a little fizz and turn it into limeade.
7 thoughts on “Fresh Limeade Recipe”
I love this recipe, am a big fan of limes, and had a sodastream for Christmas, so quite fancy the fizzy version too.
Be aware that if you fizz it, you need to release the soda stream bottle in short bursts or it will fizz up everywhere. Most people need a fair bit of sugar with limes too, I keep mine tart and the kids just mix some sugar in theirs.
We’ve recently launched the site Alldishes.co.uk where users can search through tens of thousands of recipes from UK and Irish food sites and blogs.
We noticed that you have a lots of tasty recipes on your blog and would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs.
If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the site.
Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!