I used to use my slow cooker for baked potatoes, and a few times, I also used an air fryer, but that wasn’t as successful. I suspect that would have worked better with tin foil. My new favourite go to for baked potatoes, to save me waiting three hours for the oven, or four in the slow cooker, is now my Instant Pot. I bought it on a whim a while back, and have used it a fair bit to be honest.
I used four huge potatoes in this version, as opposed to smaller ones, and it needed a fair increase in time cooked. I first cooked on high pressure for 20 minutes, but then had to cook again for another 15 minutes. In total, I know if I am using such big potatoes, I need to set my cooker to around 35 minutes on high pressure.
There’s no need to use foil for the pressure cooker and skins aren’t baked hard, they’re just perfect and the insides are baked and fluffy, and not waxy in the way they come out of a microwave.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Recipe - Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Four large baking potatoes.
- 2 cups water or to the minimum amount in your pressure cooker instructions.
- For this you will need the trivet from your Instant Pot, or a metal grille to sit your potatoes out of the water needed for the pressure cooking.
- Make sure you wash the potatoes thoroughly. I remove eyes to please fussy teenagers, which is why I have some white spots where I've removed them on my potatoes.
- Put the trivet or metal rack on the bottom of the pan, and sit the potatoes on top.
- Put on the lid and slide the valve to the sealed position on the lid.
- With an Instant Pot, select manual, and adust the time to suit your needs. My cook time for the future for these, will be set at 35 minutes on high.
- If you can, wait for the natural release to happen for the pressure from the cooker, but if you are in a hurry, protect your hands and slide the valve on the lid to the release setting.
- Remove the potatoes and serve with your choice of toppping. Here, we simply use butter and coleslaw.
1 thought on “Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes”
Thanks a bunch for the slow cooker tip… I always thought jackets could only be made in tge oven…