This was much more successful than I ever could have imagined as far as the kids were concerned. All you need is some mince and cheese, then pop them in the oven for a luxurious treat. If you add in some more veg, I suspect these might be a good way to hide some nutritious veg if kids are happy meatball eaters.
This is very much suitable as a leftovers dish too. Mushing up whatever you have would go well with this type of thing. Just make sure it is thoroughly cooked before serving.
- 500g Mince
- 100g Onions, Finely Chopped
- Grated Cheese - Use whatever you have. I had about 300g Mozarella in the fridge, so just divided it between the 12 muffin slots I had in my trays.
- I used some cake release spray to line my muffin trays, but I suspect I didn't need to do that at all. Set your oven to around 160-180 Degrees, depending on which type of oven you have.
- Simply put some mince on the bottom of each muffin well, and then pop in the cheese, and cover up with another layer of mince, pressing down slightly.
- Bake in the oven until thoroughly cooked. Approximately around 20 minutes, but you all know your own ovens. I covered mine up with a layer of tin foil to prevent the tops from burning.