This really is a heart attack in a sticky, gooey, sweet treat, but oh boy, is it ever so tasty.
My eldest had to make treats for selling at school, and as we didn’t have all the traditional ingredients, we had to change a more traditional tiffin style recipe to suit what we did have. We finely grated a little chocolate over the top for added decoration.
- 300g Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Treacle
- 280g Peanut Butter
- 200g White Chocolate
- 26 Large Marshmallows
- 100g Rice Krispies
- 150g Salted Peanuts
- Grease or line a 24 - 26cm baking tray.
- In a largish pan, over a low to medium heat, add the treacle, honey and peanut butter. Stir continuously while the mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Take the mixture off the heat, and add in around 10 marshmallows. Stir in well until they are fully melted in.
- Mix the krispies and the cereal into the mixture well.
- Use the back of a spoon to press your mixture down into your tray. Mark the top of your tiffin into sections, pop a marshmallow on the top of each section, and leave to cool until serving.