This is another recipe that was practiced at home for my son’s home economics homework. He had intended to make for just two people, but as the recipe he downloaded wasn’t terribly good, I got him to make a version that would be easier to cope with. If you’re comfortable with white sauce, make it your own way.
Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce
- 3 Small - Medium Cauliflowers
- 100 g Butter
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 1 Litre Milk
- 150 g Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Set the oven to heat at around 180-190C.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into clumps. Not too large, or it will take longer to cook. Put it into a large saucepan with a pinch of salt, and cook the cauliflower for ten minutes, or until it softens. Then put it into a sieve and drain. Set aside while you make the cheese sauce.
- Over a medium heat, using a thick bottomed pan, add butter, milk and flour. Melt the butter slowly into the mix, then bring to a bubble while it thickens. You will need to stir the sauce as it cooks, as white sauce is easily burned.
- When the sauce has thickened, add salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat and add in the cheese, a handful at a time, folding it in until it has all melted.
- Put the cauliflower into an oven dish, and pour your cauliflower in, then pour the sauce over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of your cauliflower cheese begins to turn a golden brown shade.
- Serve with parsley and chopped cherry tomatoes.
1 thought on “Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce”
Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce Recipe http://t.co/RcFlCL4B22 Kids Recipe…. http://t.co/BCNB12bF5u