We’ve had loads of lovely strawberries from the plot this year, and more than we could simply eat as strawberries on their own.
I’ve made two batches of strawberry jam, and this flapjacks recipe was to keep the kids happy with some sweet munchies, and also save a few pennies from shopping for a few days, as I had all the ingredients already.
It’s very indulgent and uber tasty, and oh so easy to eat lots of it.
- 750g Porridge Oats, or Large Oats
- 400g Butter
- 300g Strawberries, washed, dried and finely sliced.
- 200g Golden sugar.
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- Switch on the oven, to around 120/140C.
- Melt the butter in a pan, or in the microwave, until fluid.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, golden sugar and honey together with the strawberries. Tip in the melted butter and give it a good mix, until the oats resemble a sticky mix, as per the image above.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and tip the mixture out.
- Use the back of a spoon to press the mix down firmly. If you don't do this, your flapjack will fall apart when you try to cut it.
- Bake for around 40 minutes. If the top begins to brown, your oven is up too high, so turn it down.