Hamlyns of Scotland brand of porridge oats is 50 years old this year. Their porridge oats and oatmeal are well known around these parts up in Aberdeen as one of the go to brands.
I don’t remember a time in my life when Hamlyns products weren’t on shop shelves, so for me, it’s one of those essential things that tends to get bought regularly.
Hamlyns have offered a gorgeous hamper for one of my readers, which included a Sophie Conran for Portmeirion white china breakfast set for two, a Hamlyns teddy and apron, a hand-turned wooden spurte and the whole range of Hamlyns traditional and instant porridges.
It’s a hamper that anyone would love to own. It’s worth around £200, and is an ideal way to get to know how versatile oats really are.
They’ve also just hooked themselves up on Twitter @hamlynsoats so they’d love to see more of you over there.
When it comes to oatmeal, I tend to be a straight up buy the oats girl, usually pinhead for making oatcakes, or medium for our porridge, although I know many people who prefer a rougher grade for their breakfast dish.
Oatmeal isn’t limited to porridge and oatcakes though. Up here in Scotland, we made puddings with it, often Cranachan, make skirlie to go with our mince and tatties, and even bake it into cakes. It’s really a much more versatile ingredient that most people tend to realise.
– Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
– 1 Winner will win one hamper from Hamlyn’s, up to the value of £200.
– The hamper will be sent directly from Hamlyn’s to the winner.
– The Scottish Mum Blog is not responsible for your prize and cannot be held liable in any way for non delivery or non receipt at your end.
– Winners will be notified within 2 days of giveaway end. If the winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner may be drawn.
– The winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
– Scottish Mum Blog and Hamlyn’s of Scotland reserve the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
– Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
– Closes 04th May 2015 at midnight.