Easy Raspberry Jam Recipe Using Jam Sugar
- 1 kg Jam Sugar
- 1 kg Raspberries
- 50 g Butter
- Put raspberries into a thick bottomed pan. This needs little crushing as raspberries break down quite easily.
- Add sugar to the raspberries.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring while the sugar breaks down and melts.
- Add the butter and allow to rapid boil for approximately 4 minutes. Stir.
- While the jam is cooking, wash jars in warm soapy water, then place on baking sheet for around 10 minutes at 170 degrees. Take out of the oven a few minutes before you are ready to put your jam into it. The ideal conditions are to put your jam into jars when the jars are still warm,
- Cover the jam jars if you plan to keep some for later, and simply keep until you need it. Once a jar is opened, make sure you refrigerate it until it is used. I used small jars and from this recipe, I filled 5 small/medium sized jars.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!