I’ve teamed up with Specsavers to launch a photography competition. It’s to capture the special bond struck up by children with their friends, siblings or even their family pets from a young age.
The winner of the competition will scoop a Pentax WG-3 digital camera worth more than £250 and a free sight test and eyecare for the winning parent and child, so it’s a really good prize to win. The Pentax WG-3 camera is a waterproof, coldproof, shockproof and crushproof digital camera and comes in orange. I just wish I could enter myself. I’d personally love this camera.
Anyone who reads my blog can enter, and the competition is to celebrate the start of Specsavers ‘two free pairs’ promotion in-store at stores across Scotland, which will see children qualify for one pair of specs free from the NHS and a second free pair from Specsavers free of charge.
Specsavers was founded in 1984 by husband and wife team, Doug and Dame Mary Perkins, who pioneered the optical joint venture partnership model and also revolutionised the industry with their innovative concept of affordable, fashionable eyecare for everyone.
As my optician of choice, specsavers are the suppliers of my current face framing eyewear and contact lenses. I find them good quality, reasonably priced and very friendly.
Dave Quigley, regional chair for Specsavers Scotland,says: ‘To celebrate our fantastic new offer we’re celebrating that perfect pairing that makes our children so happy. We know that at a young age, friendships are vitally important, it’s that bond that we’re hoping to capture through our photography competition.’
The two free pairs offer is available now and is valid for children up to the age of 16. Details and information on NHS sight tests are available in store or online at Specsavers Online.
Obviously I can’t enter, but I’ve included a picture of mine from when my youngest had only been with us for two days. My boys are adopted and three whirlwinds arrived to upset my resident canine baby at the same time.
This picture of the baby with my spoiled young girl lab was the beginning of a long beautiful friendship. She inched closer and closer and they stayed in that spot for almost an hour, sizing each other up. They became instant friends and are still close now that she is nearly 14 and the wee boy in the picture almost 12.
Photos submitted to the competition can be taken by either a child or a relative, so long as they capture the child’s favoured pairing.
The competition will be judged by Specsavers.
I would like to post the winning entry on my blog, as would Specsavers, so please ensure you are happy for it to be published before sending it in.
Obviously I would like everyone who enters (or even those who don’t) to leave a comment and Tweet or Facebook about it, but it isn’t mandatory. As it’s a photographic competition, you can enter by either:
- Tell us your name and which part of the UK you are from in your entry so that we know for publishing the winner.
- Send the photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Writing a blog post and leaving the link in a comment on this post.
Add your entry to the linky below if you wish to share your fabulous photos. I’ve added mine although it doesn’t count, to show you how it will look.
That’s it, easy peasy. The competition will close on the 31st May 2014 at midnight.
As long as I get the photograph and a way to contact you, your entry counts.
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing Date: 31st May 2014 at Midnight.
- The Competition is open to UK Entrants only.
- The Winning entry will be published on the Scottish Mum Blog and Specsavers Promotions.
- 1 Winner will win a Pentax WG-3 digital camera worth more than £250 and a free sight test and eyecare for the winning parent and child.
- The prize will be sent to you from Specsavers.
- The Scottish Mum Blog is not responsible for your prize and cannot be held liable in any way for non delivery or non receipt at your end.
- Winners will be notified within 7 days of giveaway end. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified, a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner will be chosen by Specsavers.
- Scottish Mum Blog and Specsavers reserves the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
- Ensure you have consent for any persons included in your picture. The Scottish Mum Blog and Specsavers are not liable in the event of publication or the submission of any images without explicit consent of the people included, and the responsible parent or guardian in the case of a minor.