Littlest came home with the instructions to make a fair trade recipe and have it typed up, cooked at home and to take a photograph to school of them making the said item. Needless to say I had one night warning, so it was off to the local Co-op to see what they had in stock.
In the end, it boiled down to chocolate, coffee or bananas, so we skipped the coffee and went for strawberries, bananas and maltesers.
Fair Trade Banana Milkshake
- 4 Bananas Fair Trade
- 25 g Brown Sugar Fair Trade
- Maltesers Fair Trade
- Milk To make up to 1.5 Litres in Blender
- Mini Marshmallows
- 500 g Strawberries
- Get all your ingredients together and get a knife and chopping board ready.
- Peel and chop up your bananas.
- Add the bananas to the blender and then top up with milk until it reaches the 1.5 litre mark.
- Crumble in the sugar.
- Blend for 3 minutes using a hand blender or a machine.
- Pour into glasses and add in a couple of maltesers and the marshmallows on top.
- Wash the strawberries and cut in the centre at the bottom to let them hang over the end of the glass to decorate.