Littlest came home with the instructions to make a fair trade recipe and have it typed up, cooked at home and to take a photograph to school of them making the said item. Needless to say I had one night warning, so it was off to the local Co-op to see what they had in stock.
In the end, it boiled down to chocolate, coffee or bananas, so we skipped the coffee and went for strawberries, bananas and maltesers.
- 4 Bananas (Fair Trade)
- 25g Brown Sugar (Fair Trade)
- Maltesers (Fair Trade)
- Milk (To make up to 1.5 Litres in Blender)
- Mini Marshmallows
- 500g Strawberries
- Get all your ingredients together and get a knife and chopping board ready.
- Peel and chop up your bananas.
- Add the bananas to the blender and then top up with milk until it reaches the 1.5 litre mark.
- Crumble in the sugar.
- Blend for 3 minutes using a hand blender or a machine.
- Pour into glasses and add in a couple of maltesers and the marshmallows on top.
- Wash the strawberries and cut in the centre at the bottom to let them hang over the end of the glass to decorate.