Our newest delivery from Scotty Brand arrived on Friday. Lovely Scotty Brand Ayrshire new potatoes. I resisted the temptation to throw a couple of bags on for the evening meal over the weekend, and plan to do something different with them over this week.
Packs of Ayrshire New Potatoes are run with a fabulous promotion to win family adventures in Scotland, and is inspired by Disney Pixar Brave. You can find lots more on the Scotty Brand website, and promotional numbers from each pack of new potatoes to use on the website and see if you have won a prize. To do it, just peel back the sticker below and enter the code to see if you’ve won.
I love potato salad, and so do the kids, but I buy it far more often than I should, as making fresh is much nicer. With the lovely new potatoes, a bag did get boiled to make potato salad.
Luxury Potato Salad
- 1 bag Scotty Brand new potatoes or approximately 750g.
- sea salt.
- 1 level teaspoon honey mustard.
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- 4 tablespoons of double cream.
- 2 teaspoons of chopped chives.
- Wash potatoes and boil with a few pinches of sea salt for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Leave potatoes to cool before cutting into thick slices.
- Fold in mayonnaise and double cream. You may need a little more or less mayonnaise, so add it a tablespoon at a time.
- Add the teaspoon of honey mustard and fold in gently until it is fully mixed. Leave this out of you don’t like mustard.
- Serve with chives sprinkled on top for a decadent potato salad.
2 thoughts on “Luxury Potato Salad with Scotty Brand Ayrshire New Potatoes”
I am not a fan of potato salad, not sure why think it’s the cold potatoes that put me off but this looks yummy x
I love my potato salad, but I’m not so keen on shop bought as the tend to be too vinegary for me.