This is a lush carrot cake and sooo easy to make. I made this using the carrots we were so kindly given from Scotty Brand.
I used small loaf tins.
Yield – up to 6 small tins.
- 4 oz castor sugar
- 4 oz demerara or brown sugar
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz self-raising flour, or plan flour with baking powder
- 4 medium sizes eggs
- 200g grated carrots
- 100g chopped nuts
- 250g mascapone cheese
- sachet gelatine
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Sieve in self-raising flour and add the carrots.
- Mix until all ingredients are fully bended together.
- Fold in a teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg and the chopped nuts.
- Spoon out into baking cases, tins or trays.
- Bake in oven at approximately 160 F for about 12 – 15 minutes. Oven times may vary depending on if it is fan assisted, gas or standard electrical.
- For the filling, wait until the cake is cool.
- Melt the gelatine and mix it with the mascapone.
- Cover top of cakes with the mascapone.
- Leave for half an hour to begin to set.
- Add decoration, or sprinkle top of cake with ground cinnamon.