I’ve deliberately left the decisions around my goals for this year until after the 1st of January. I had thought about them beforehand, but I decided against making a choice based on how we all feel before the new year happens.
Usually, resolutions depend on the mythical new found power that a new year or decade comes with to carry us through.
Back to the real world. It is now the 3rd of January and all these things that were difficult from 2010 are still there.
- We still have all the same bills to pay
- We still have the same issues around schooling
- We still don’t have the childcare we need
- I still have the same amount of housework and laundry to do for 6 people
Now that I have the flowery richeousness that comes with making new years resolutions out of the way, I am looking at what I can realistcally achieve this year, and how to do it.
- I have a target of April to finish one novel in the pipeline, and August to finish the other. In the end, they may both be rubbish, but I do aim to finish them completely, including rewriting, and rewriting, and rewriting. It is achievable as one has a completed first draft.
- I will find an appropriate school for one of my children.
- I will try my hardest to not buy shop bread – ever, but I accept that there are times when I must.
- I aim to lose some weight this year, and with the support of my twitter friends, I may just do that (again).