In conjunction with 1stFone, I am giving a phone on my blog. It’s a fabulous peace of mind gadget for a young child or an elderly person who struggles with regular phones.
I wrote about the 1stFone we received a few weeks ago and how great it has been for my special needs boy who can’t read or write, yet can still use this phone.
I don’t have any problems with young children having a means of getting themselves help rather than approaching a stranger if they are in trouble.
I’ve always told my boys that if they get lost, they are to go to the nearest person who looks like a mother with kids. While it’s not 100% foolproof, I do feel like the path of least danger is in the harassed mother whose heartstrings will be pulled and will remain at the scene until someone the boys trusts gets to them.
Very young children could have one of these phones tucked into a t-shirt or jumper and give them the confidence that if they find themselves alone, the first port of call is the phone stashed safely away for emergencies. Not that it is just a phone for emergencies as my boy is loving being able to just have a phone of his own, even if it can only dial out the pre-set numbers that we installed on it. They can only call the numbers you approve on the phone and it doesn’t use the Internet, nor can t text.
Our one is such a fabulous success that I’ve partnered with 1stFone to offer one lucky person a free handset with the first month of 50 minutes free. If the winner wishes to continue with the phone, they will need to agree to a monthly contract, or can choose to go pay as you go. The winner will be able to keep the phone, and will be able to choose from a 1stFone or OwnFone for seniors. Either phone could be used for special needs children and adults who can’t manage regular phones.
The giveaway deadling is the 25th July at midnight so get your entries in.
- Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
- The prize will be delivered and you must give us your address to send it to you.
- Winners will be notified within 3 days of giveaway end. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
- OwnFone / 1stFone reserves the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
- Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
- You may tweet daily. Each tweet counts as a rafflecopter entry, only if you enter it into the rafflecopter widget daily.
- The prize will be for one 1stFone or OwnFone with one month of 50 inclusive minutes. After the month is up, you will need to buy airtime, or continue a contract to enable it to continue working. You will be required to set up a direct debit as part of the process of ordering and designing your winning phone and it will be used if you plan to continue using the 1stFone or OwnFone after your trial period, or first 50 minutes are used up.