Making a prawn cocktail is something that the man of the house does quite often. We had king prawns to hand and since we are doing the Healthy Hearts campaign with Fish is the Dish, it seemed a good idea to make a King Prawn Cocktail in the old-fashioned way. We don’t use Worcester sauce so ours misses that out.
King Prawn Cocktail Recipe
- 800 g King Prawns
- 270 g Mayonnaise
- 150 g Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce To Serve
- Salt & Pepper
- Tomberries To Serve
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- Mix the tomato sauce, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a very small pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl to create a Marie Rose Sauce.
- Wash the King Prawns, dry them (I used kitchen roll) and add them to the mix. Ensure are fully covered with the Marie Rose Sauce you made.
- With your serving dishes, decide whether to shred your lettuce, or layer it in your dish. I layered this version.
- Serve on top of the lettuce, add tomberries and a little seasoning if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Absolutely delicious. Added 1 leek, but only to use up what was in the fridge. Quantities were perfect for my…
You forgot Cornwall, where Swedes ane called Turnips and Turnips, Swedes. You should try the orange one mashed in with…
My Dad used to say that. We are Londoners but he did serve in a Scottish regiment during WWII so…