Sometimes, it’s nice to have something warming to eat when it’s cold outside, and soup is always one of my go to things to make for anyone. This recipe is nice and simple, and gives a slight twist on the traditional leek and potato soup… Enjoy.
Of course, you don’t need a soupmaker to make this. It makes just as well in a pan, but you need to watch it a lot more and add some more water if it looks like it’s boiling off.
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/mysoupmakerclub/videos/1805440716377111/” width=”500″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]
Soup Maker Recipe: Christmassy Leek and Potato Soup
- 500 g Potato chopped.
- 100 g Carrot chopped.
- 100 g Leek chopped.
- 2 Teaspoons Rapeseed Oil.
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube.
- Half Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.
- Half Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg.
- 2 Tablespoons Light Soft Cheese - I used Philadelphia.
- Ground White Pepper & Salt to taste.
- 1 Lettuce Leaf Half Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon and a Teaspoon of Dukkah to serve.
- Chop your vegetables into smallish cube sized shapes.
- Saute your chopped leek in the soupmaker with your rapeseed oil. After a minute or two, add the vegetable stock cube, your cinnamon and nutmeg, carrots, salt and pepper and continue to stir as they soften.
- In another minute or so, add potatoes and continue to stir, to ensure they don't burn, then add a little water and your soft cheese.
- Fill your soupmaker with water, and stir until the soft cheese has melted into your mix, making your water a cloudy white colour.
- Ensure you top up with water, to below the maximum fill line and above the minimum.
- Ensure you have mixed well.
- Put the lid on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting.
- Serve as prettily as you like.
- Serve with a chopped lettuce leave, a sprinkling of cinnamon and a pinch of Dukkah seeds.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.