This is a speedy way to have a home cooked meal in a sauce.
Roasting bags are one of my favourite things to cook with, as the food really just never goes wrong.
I have made this recipe with 1 jar, which just gives the meat and vegetables a very nice coating with this level of ingredients.
This worked perfectly for us, but I suspect I might add 2 jars at my next attempt at using a jar of sauce for a roasting bag.
Roasting Bag: Chicken Breasts in Chicken Tonight Country French White Wine Sauce …With Cream & Chives
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 kg Baby or Mini Potatoes
- 2 Large Carrots Chopped
- 1 Large Roasting Bag
- 1 jar Chicken Tonight in Country French White Wine Sauce
- Set oven to 180C . To make this dish easier, I used a dish to mix the chicken breasts, potatoes and carrots in while I coat them all with the jar of chicken tonight.
- Pop all the ingredients into the roasting bag and seal it well.
- Lay your chicken out so that each piece is separate and on the floor of your roasting tray. If they are piled on top of each other, they will not cook properly. This is why you need a large roasting bag. If you only have smaller ones, split your ingredients into smaller batches.
- Cook in the oven for an hour, or until the chicken breasts are fully cooked. This could be more or less, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
- Just take out of the bag and serve. Easy Peasy.
Oh wow. Amazing how sayings travelled, even decades ago.
Mine were about 13/14 when I took them. When we were there, there were a fair few kids around their…
This is a good recipe, I swap oil for lard however as fat retains moisture better making the bread softer.