When you begin to blog for fun, you really need to take your privacy into account early on. It is very difficult to get privacy back once you have put it out onto the Internet.
The Internet is just one HUGE diary, and one that you have no control of once information is published. You really have to think about what is important to you, and how important your safety and security is.
If you are blogging for fun, and posting pictures of your nearest and dearest, and are also increasing your following and readership, then how much danger are you placing yourself in? It is a good idea to sit down and think about how to blog – and before you do that first all important published post.
There is no right or wrong answer as everyone has their own ideas of what is safe, and what is not – but be prepared to ask yourself some of these questions:
- Who is reading my information?
- Why are people reading my posts?
- Do any comments / tweets / updates make me feel uncomfortable?
- How much information am I willing to share?
- What if someone I know reads my blog / tweets?
- Am I comfortable that photos I share could be stolen and used by other people for purposes unknown?