Celebrity chef James Strawbridge has created the following recipe for the UK’s fairest food delivery service 44 Foods.
Brie & Fig Parcels by James Strawbridge
Ethical, sustainable, and selling high quality British produce only, 44 Foods boasts a range of more than 20 cheeses from across the UK – which are delicious either on their own, in recipes, or paired with their stunning new range of British wines.
- 140 g Organic Cotswold Brie cheese, Simon Weaver
- 400 g Filo Pastry
- 50 g 50g Butter Melted
- 4 Melted Figs Quartered
- 6 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Black Bee Honey
- 1 Pinch Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Cut the filo into 10cm squares and use them to line a greased muffin case. Overlap the square sheets by rotating every 45˚ to form a flower shaped parcel. Brush melted butter between each layer and repeat.
- Once the filo pastry has all been used, fill the tart cases with a slice of ripe fig and a few pieces of diced brie sprinkled with chopped thyme. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese melts and the filo is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and whilst still warm drizzle with honey and sprinkle each parcel with a pinch of smoked sea salt.
- Serve warm with a chilled glass of Sharpham rosé to accompany.
Serving suggestion: Sharpham Pinot Noir Rose
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!