Brie & Fig Parcels by James Strawbridge
Celebrity chef James Strawbridge has created the following recipe for the UK’s fairest food delivery service 44 Foods. Ethical, sustainable, and selling high quality British produce only, 44 Foods boasts a range of more than 20 cheeses from across the UK – which are delicious either on their own, in recipes, or paired with their stunning new range of British wines.
- 140 g Organic Cotswold Brie cheese, Simon Weaver
- 400 g Filo Pastry
- 50 g 50g Butter Melted
- 4 Melted Figs Quartered
- 6 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Black Bee Honey
- 1 Pinch Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Cut the filo into 10cm squares and use them to line a greased muffin case. Overlap the square sheets by rotating every 45˚ to form a flower shaped parcel. Brush melted butter between each layer and repeat.
- Once the filo pastry has all been used, fill the tart cases with a slice of ripe fig and a few pieces of diced brie sprinkled with chopped thyme. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese melts and the filo is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and whilst still warm drizzle with honey and sprinkle each parcel with a pinch of smoked sea salt.
- Serve warm with a chilled glass of Sharpham rosé to accompany.
Serving suggestion: Sharpham Pinot Noir Rose
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!