Chicken, Bacon and Beetroot Stirfry
- 10 Rashers Bacon
- 2 Chicken Breasts Cut into strips.
- 4 Eggs
- 600 g Mixed Stir Fry Veg Beansprouts, pumpkin strips, shredded carrot, green leaf salad, mange tout.
- 1 Onion Chopped.
- 1 Jar Baxters Crinkle Cut Beetroot Chopped into smaller pieces. Wash, drain and dry the beetroot before adding to a stir fry.
- Use your pieces of meat, chicken or bacon and lightly fry in a wok or thick bottomed pan until fully cooked.
- Add eggs to the pan and let them cook similar to scrambled eggs, stirring in with the meat as it cooks.
- Add an onion to the pan and let the mixture slowly cook for a few minutes on low.
- Stir in your stir fry vegetables and either spray cooking oil, or add a couple of tablespoons of oil to make the stir fry.
- Add the beetroot towards the end of cooking if you are happy with the pinky shade that your meal till take on from cooking for a few minutes.
- I had split my stir fry into two lots. For the kids, I gently folded the beetroot in with their finished stir fry to keep it sharp, bright and pleasant to the eye.
- For my own, I stirred in the beetroot and let it cook with the stir fry for a few more minutes to take on the beetroot taste. I am happy to say this is one recipe that I am going to make several variations of.