Choose to have your soup chunky or smooth. It’s all up to you.
Pressure Cooker: Tomato, Cucumber and Rice Soup
- 200 g Leek chopped
- 100 g Rice uncooked and washed
- 300 g Cucumber peeled and chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- Tin Butter Beans drained
- 2 Tins Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 Chicken Stock Pots or Stock Cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Rapeseed or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Litre Water
- Optional for blending up to 300ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- Sauté the leek with the vegetable oil. I use an Instant Pot, so use the sauté function, however it cooks fairly quickly, so keep an eye to make sure the leeks don't burn.
- Add salt, broad beans and chicken stock pots to the sautéed Leeks. Mix continually with a wooden spoon for about a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pressure cooker, and use the soup function, or cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, choose to leave chunky, or blend until smooth. The soup will become very thick as it is blended, and you can optionally add more water or semi skimmed milk, a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve with crustless bread and butter.