As a new ambassador for Froothie UK, I’ve had the lovely opportunity to try out one of the newest gadgets in their range. I’m letting you all know about the fabulous Optimum Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender.
I know, some of you will have some questions as vacuum blending isn’t a term that is commonly used for in home blending.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. These are marked by an asterisk next to them. If you buy anything from using these links, I will receive an ambassador commission, which lets me keep this blog running. The price is not altered for you in any way.
What is vacuum blending?
It’s very much like ordinary blending, but with the vacuum ability, the air is removed, to reduce the risk of oxidation, which is especially great for fruits and vegetables.
When we blend food, the chemicals are exposed to the elements, otherwise known as oxygen. The food changes colour and starts to break down, very much like a peeled banana or apple starts to turn a brown colour when left open to the air. When fruit and vegetables begin to turn brown, they also begin to lose their value as a nutritional source.
Find out more in this video from Froothie, which is a fabulous way to picture it.
And a little more about the vacuum abilities of the Optimum Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender.
I made my first smoothie with the Vac 2 in the morning and popped it in the fridge for later, which was great, as later that afternoon, I was still able to go back and drink it. With my old blender, it changes colour so much, that I end up pouring the smoothie down the drain and making a new one.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), said:
“Vitamin C is destroyed by oxidation, and is the vitamin most easily lost during processing, storage, and cooking.”
So, what do I think?
Optimum Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender *
It’s big. Not too big, but solid, and comforting that it will be up to the job for many years to come. It’s like the daddy of my current blender from a different brand, which if I’m honest, is just not up to the job. I’ve used my new gadget a few times, and it’s been fabulous. I’m looking forward to sharing my recipes with you all, and my raw ice cream recipe will be the first one I post with this fabulous gadget.
I’d been thinking about buying an all signing all dancing blender for a while, but it’s not easy to decide on which brand, as it’s a commitment purchase. Now I have this one, I won’t be looking any further, as the vacuum function is incredible.
The main points are:
- Easy cleaning Froothie Blender * with clear cleaning instructions in the user manual.
- 4 preset functions, which are: Smoothie, Veg & Fruits, Nuts, Soup & a Pulse function to choose your own. Find out more on the Froothie UK website *.
- High speed settings from 1-8, with a Pulse option for blending thick ingredients or for cleaning.
- Vacuum setting for use with the Smoothie & Veg & Fruits preset functions.
- Heavy duty tamper tool for easier blending and mixing.
- Choose between traditional blending or vacuum blending. Soup and Nuts settings are not suitable for vacuum blending.
- Smoothies and blended fruit are smoother and more creamy looking, and look better for longer if the lid is kept on the blender. It’s easy to make, pop in the fridge and enjoy later.
- It’s a one jug does it all blender, which is 2 litres. That’s a lot of blending potential.
- It’s noisy. If you’re not used to a high speed blender, be prepared for the sound. It’s a powerful blender *, with a 2238W motor, to tackle the toughest of blending tasks.
How to get one:
- Currently, the Optimum Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender has a RRP of £499.00.
- There is a short time promotion on, with the blender currently available for £389. This is at the time of publication of this post.
- Click through from my affiliate link*
- You also get a 30 day money back guarantee, which includes return postage, plus 5 years warranty as standard.
- Access to expert support team.
- 0% finance could be available on purchases of £299 or more, spread out over 6 months with a 10% deposit.
Raw Strawberry and Banana Ice Cream
I’m loving the vacuum function of this blender. My smoothies last three days now with no discernible degradation.
Scottish Mum says
It’s fabulous. I’ve never had smoothies so smooth. Now I know what I’ve been missing all my life.
Cathy @ Planet Veggie says
It’s a great blender, isn’t it? My last blender was great too but as well as the cool vacuum function on this one, the jug’s also a lot lighter so it’s easier to rinse under the tap.