Now we’re past the most depressing day of the year, why not have a look at one of the recipes from Aldi, to brighten up the rest of the month. In the past, I’ve never been much for spiralising, but it does look very good in pictures and on plates. Happy January.
Roasted Spiralised Carrot & Feta Salad
- 2 Courgettes washed and trimmed
- 2 Carrots trimmed and peeled
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground Salt and Black Pepper
- 100 g Feta Cheese crumbled
- 50 g Walnut Pieces
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/425°/Gas Mark 6.
- Spiralise the courgettes and carrots using the ‘thin spiral cone’.
- Place in a bowl and add the oil, vinegar and seasoning and mix well.
- Spread the vegetables onto a large (or 2 smaller) baking tray and roast for around 7-8 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry pan, stirring frequently to prevent burning, then tip onto a plate to cool.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle over the cheese, walnuts and finally the parsley.
- Delicious served as a light lunch or as an accompaniment to grilled meats or fish.
1 thought on “Roasted Spiralised Carrot & Feta Salad”
Ooh this sounds wonderful and a great way to increase vegetable intake too