We received the Von Shef Digital Slow Cooker for review from Domu, the lifestyle brand of Designer Habitat. My old 6.5 Litre slow cooker needed replacing, so the arrival of a new one was very welcome indeed. There’s also the chance to win one for yourself further down the post.
I’ve written about Domu before, when I tried their Von Shef Frozen Dessert Maker. Domu aim to provide great gadgets at lower prices than their competitors.
Digital Slow Cooker Review
The digital slow cooker was voted one of their Top Five Slow Cookers by Great British Food Magazine in September, and with the ability to use a timer on cooking, my absolute love of slow cookers has reached a whole new level of practical.
I’ve always wished I could switch my slow cooker off after a few hours simmering, so that I didn’t need to worry about overcooking anything, especially if I was in a hurry, and only had time to use the high cooking setting for a few hours. As much as I like to time coming home for meals from slow cooking, I always worry about spoiled food if I’m late back and the slow cooker is still bubbling away on high.
This was very easy to operate. Switch on and off with the button on the right, choose high, low or keep warm from the one on the right and use the scroll buttons to increase or decrease cooking time.
- The huge 6.5 Litre capacity, can cater for up to 15-20 average servings, although in my family, we tend to fill it half to three quarters full. With potatoes added as a complete meal in a pot, we’ve had 10 people eat from ours. On a typical day, we have six people to feed, and just over half full does it for us as a meal, with a little leftover for hungry boys to eat later in the evening as a snack.
- The lid is strong and made of toughened glass.
- Although I haven’t used this feature yet, when cooking is finished, the timer should enter a keep warm mode until the machine is switched off.
- Both the dish and lid are suitable for washing in the dishwasher.
Domu – New Slow Cooking Recipe Hub
The recipes on the new hub, include ones for chicken, beef, the paleo diet, with curry, fish and vegetarian options.
There’s even a section for baked goodies.
The Bourbon Peach Galette seems like a good one to try, although I can’t quite figure out how it would fit in a slow cooker.
For that reason alone, I suspect I’ll have a try over the Xmas season.
– Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
– 1 Winner will receive 1 Digital Slow Cooker from Von Shef. There is no cash alternative.
– The prize will be sent direct from Von Shef.
– The Scottish Mum Blog is not responsible for your prize and cannot be held liable in any way for non delivery or non receipt at your end.
– Winners will be notified by DM on Twitter, or e-mail. If the giveaway is not claimed within 14 days, a new winner may be drawn.
– The winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
– Scottish Mum Blog and Von Shef, reserve the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
– Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
– The giveaway is not associated with any social media channels.
– The winner decision by Scottish Mum Blog is final.
– Closes 16th December 2015 at midnight.
Thank you to the Von Shef team at Domu.