On the run up to Jamie Oliver’s 40th birthday, he’s been on a personal journey with his food, exploring his relationship with food, and making changes to his diet and lifestyle.
Jamie wants to share what he’s learned with the public, via a new book that is jam packed full of 30 recipes for breakfast, 30 recipes for lunch, and 30 dinners, as well as new ideas for snacks and drinks.
The recipes are simple and nutritious, and more importantly, easy to follow, while still being unusual, tasty and healthy.
“My wish is that through incredible food, this book will inspire and empower you to live the healthiest, happiest, most productive life you can. Food is there to be enjoyed, shared and celebrated, and healthy, nourishing food should be colourful, delicious and fun. This book is full of exciting, well-rounded, balanced recipes that will fill you up, tickle your taste buds and most importantly, because I’ve done all the hard work on the nutrition front, every choice is a healthy choice.”
The book will tie into a new Channel 4 series, Jamie’s Super Food, and a one off documentary where Jamie will be investigating the huge impact that sugar makes to global health problems.
As a diabetic, I have to say, that I do agree with him on that score, 100%.
As someone who’s taken a huge interest in the food I eat for quite a while now, this book has come as a lovely addition to my kitchen.
I’ve tried a couple of the recipes. Here’s what my version of Jamie’s fabulous Jar Salad, and a mega tasty Chicken & Squash Cacciatore looked like. I’ll share these recipes with you another day.
In the meantime, take a look at this stunning image from the book. The picture alone is enough to make me hungry.
Sweet Tomato, Aubergine and Ricotta
– Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
– 4 Winners will receive 1 copy each of Jamie Oliver’s book, Everyday Superfoods. There is no cash alternative.
– The prize will be sent direct from Jamie Oliver’s marketing team.
– The Scottish Mum Blog is not responsible for your prize and cannot be held liable in any way for non delivery or non receipt at your end.
– Winners will be notified by DM on Twitter, or e-mail. If the giveaway is not claimed within 14 days, a new winner may be drawn.
– The winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
– Scottish Mum Blog and Jamie Oliver, reserve the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
– Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
– The giveaway is not associated with any social media channels.
– The winner decision by Scottish Mum Blog is final.
– Closes 12th October 2015 at midnight.
Thank you to Penguin Books for providing my review copy and 4 copies to give away.