Chicken enchiladas are a great way of getting some protein into children, by the chicken and cheese, but for me, I wanted to add a little more veg, so the passata was added as a base, and to spoon over the dish.
Instead of finger food, it does take a knife and fork to eat while it’s hot, unless you’re happy to have tomatoey fingers spreading the red stuff everywhere, though as a cold snack, it’s fabulous finger food.
- 500g Passata
- 1 Medium - Large Chicken (Pre-cooked and cut up or Shredded.)
- 500g Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- pinch Parsley
- 200g Sour Cream, or Sour Cream and Onion Dip
- 100g Onions (Chopped)
- Pre Heat the oven to around 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Pre-Cook your chicken in a pan until cooked through. Add onions, sour cream, half the cheese, some parsley, coriander, pepper and chilli powder to the pan. Cook until the cheese melts into the mixture.
- Use a large baking dish, layering the bottom with tomato passata. Lay you tortilla's out, so that you get two with each tortilla wrap. Fill each one with mixture, then arrange in your baking dish, on top of the passata. Use a spatula or teaspoon to spoon some passata over the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the enchiladas and bake for 20 minutes.